Monday, March 3, 2014

(re)CAP & (pre)Cap

Happy Monday er'body! Feels kind of premature to be writing a weekend recap considering I'm only 50% into my weekend but ok! Lets do this. Friday and Saturday consisted of working and falling asleep on the couch like a grandma. Don't tell me I don't know how to party. Yesterday though - things got good. First of all I've been meaning to get back to the gym more than once/twice a week (I've been in a major slump) and I did. Aside from needing to get my shit together just 'cause, soon I'm going to be squeezing myself into uncomfortably tight wet suit on the daily and mama does not want to look like a stuffed sausage. Ew.
I know I briefly mentioned it awhile ago but it's starting to get really, really, really real now! And I need to share (you're going to get sick of hearing about it but I don't care. #sorrynotsorry) At the end of the month I'll be traveling to then from Cape Town, South Africa to Kleinbaai, a settlement less than 4 miles from Gansbaai, the Great White Shark capitol of the world. If you're a fan of Shark Week like me (and who the hell isn't!?) then you've seen footage of sharks doing their thang here.The infamous Shark Alley anyone? Yep, that's the place! 
I'll be spending the first of 4 weeks in S.A. with the Great White Shark Conservation Project. My days will be spent on a boat learning about shark behavior, shark biology, observation, identification, and participating in cage dives! Woooo Hoooo! I've been really excited about this since I committed to it last fall but I tend to get really worked up about things if I don't consciously put them in the back of my mind. I've surprisingly gotten really good at it over the years but after paying the final balance yesterday and allowing myself a little teaser (via pictures and video on Facebook & Youtube) I'm like 
PEE MY PANTS EXCITED! 
& I'll show you why. 
This is where I'll be sleeping/hanging out when I'm not on the boat 
This is what I'll be surrounded by when I am
This is how I'll be getting up close & personal with nature

*I did a shark cage dive when I was in S.A. last year 
but only a few little dudes graced our presence. 

So there you have it - a tad cheaty for a recap but F'ing legit regardless. 
I've been meaning to post the full deets of my first trip for like, ever and in the spirit of future plans (I'll be spending the last 3 of my 4 weeks in S.A. where it all began) I'll get around to writing that soon - swear. 
Peacoats & Plaid

Dateless in Dallas


 photo 55aed85f-c5ee-4ae9-a868-463e1c972fc0.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I could neverrrrrr do this! It's pretty exciting though! I'm just a pussy. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you seriously going into that cage?!? the boat, ok fine because it's not like the shark can hop on the boat and start eating everyone but the CAGE?! girlfran, you are bananas! that is way cool but i'd be crying the whole time i was in there!

    -kathy | Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete